Sunday, March 8, 2015

Kawa Kon--- Thank You!! (also pattern)

Thank you Kawa Kon!  

Hosting my first pannel at Kawa Kon was a blast.  I was up against a few really compelling other pannels so I want to give a shout out to the people who stuck with me through technical issues and made my first pannel fun.

For those of you who where un able to come to the Kon, I gave away some cute mini octos, cthulhu, chibi dragon, and 2 pokeball DIY kits.    In the time of the pannel, one of the people who voluntered and got a kit to work on during the pannel was able to start and finish in the 1 1/2 hour and she had only been crocheting for a few months.

Pokeball- Red/Black/White yarn (small amounts) size G crochet hook, a yarn/darning needle, and stuffing where all included in the kit but I had forgoten to print the pattern so I am posting it here!

With Red-
R1- Mr 6
R2- Increase in all
R3- Increase, sc (repeat around)
R4- Inc, sc 2 (repeat around)
R5- Inc, sc 3 (repeat around)
R6-7- sc all
R8-9- Switch to black- SC all   
R10-11- Switch to white- SC all
R12- Dec, sc 3 (repeat around)
R13- Dec, sc 2 (repeat around)
R14- Dec all
FO-- leave 6 inch or longer tail, stuff ball, and using the darning/yarn needle and weave threw the front loop of each stitch in that last row, giving it a tug when your done to chinch the opening closed.  You can make a small knot to secure the yarn then poke the needle all the way through the ball and out the other side and just snip the tail so it hides itself back into the finished ball.   

 To make the button on the front of a ball-

R1- With white, MR 6
R2- With Black, increase all

FO leaving a long tail to sew to the ball, when worked in a spiral I like to place it right over the color change hiding the little jump in colors.

I have a few things I want to work on, but when I get the time I will whip up some more mini octos and post the pattern for them.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment