Friday, August 26, 2016


24 oz bottle with less then 20 yards of yarn.

When I got to the strap I decided to do it as double V's by (Dc2 , ch 1, Dc 2) into the same stitch, then turn the work, slst to the chain and repeat!

It makes little O shapes and has a great feel, nice and stable.  I like how stretchy the mesh is so I know it will fit almost any water bottle I have.

I like it enough that I might want to make a few more if its maiden voyage goes well.  That way when it soaks up all the sweat on the bottle and I hang it out to dry I have a dry one to use.

I know its a small thing but its the first thing I have made solely for myself in a long time, as well as the first none BLSV that I have worked on in a while.

Its been a while....

Sorry I have been slacking a bit on the updates.  Mostly I have been working on smaller versions of the BoHo Lily Spiral Vest, between dealing with real life issues and trying to get outside more and be more active.

Here is the first thing I have picked up to hook that is not a BLSV.  I am semi free forming a holder for my water as this bottle does not contain a handle or easy to carry when damp.  So I just decided to whip up a chain loop holder.  I am thinking I will add a long strap so I can sling it over a shoulder.

How I did it?  My bottle is 2 inches wide, so I started off with a G hook and made a chain 6 ring which was 1/2 inch wide.
Then worked 6 (ch 3, sc) into the ring.
Next to give it a bit of stretch so I could use it for multipul bottles and not just this tall skinny one, I did 6 (ch 4, sc) around working into each chain sections from previous rows.

I am continouing the ch 4, sc each row now till I get the length I want then I will cap it off with a row of sc.  If I do a long strap I might work it in DC.
BTW I am down 29 pounds since the end of May!!!  So my slacking here wasnt all going to waste.

Wednesday, July 20, 2016

So fancy

 Got to visit the zoo with my favorite niece over the weekend.  Here she is showing off her BoHo Lily Spiral Vest  for all the goats in the children's petting area to see.

This one was worked up in a J hook, and I eliminated most of the repeat sections to make it a toddler size like recommended in the sizing notes.  Its just a touch big on her but thats ok she can grow into it!

Thursday, July 14, 2016

What I am up to...

We had a pretty bad storm roll threw yesterday, it took out our tree in the back yard and our A/C.
 So I am sitting in a house about 90 degrees give or take a breeze from the windows waiting for a repair guy to tell me what is wrong, and then take all the money I could have spent on a new fridge (need), or yarn(want).

So I did what any reasonable hooker would do, and finished off the wip on my hook.  This is a hot pink child size BoHo Lily Spiral Vest.   I used my own hand ply'd cotton to make this, and actually had to ply up a few yards to finish off the last round.   I eliminated all the repeats before the arm round, and adapted the arm holes to a 30 chain (still worked the same amount into it in the next round).  I only worked the smaller edge for a few rows.

Do to the heat I opted not to steam block this as I dont want or need the added heat and humidity it would provide.  Since it is cotton I soaked it in cold water and pinned it out on my blocking mats
Hubby just bought these mats for the floor at the end of the bed for me, and I dont think he would mind if I used them to block out a wet block so our bed didnt get wet/damp.

I am hoping Jordan (niece) love's it even if it isnt her current favorite color AquaTeal.

Monday, July 4, 2016

Yes an other one...

First and formost thanks to Beth for being my model again!

I finished this cute smaller version of my BoHo Lily Spiral Vest in Red Heart Unforgettable Dragonfly.  Doing the small version only ate up 3 skeins (technically 2 1/3),  I used a H hook, and omitted a few rows after the arm section, plus did the alternate smaller edging provided in the end notes section of the pattern.

Pictures where taken when it was litterly just off my hook, I had not even got to tuck in the tails because I did not bring my full crochet box to gaming last night just yarn and a hook.  I am really enjoing making these in the 'smaller' verson.  I need to get around to blocking both is one and the gray one I finished a while back, as bueatiful as I know they will turn out setting them up and pining them and steaming them is a dreaded task.  I think I dislike blocking more then I dislike weaving in tails.

Monday, June 20, 2016

Today only!!

Wish me HappyBirthday and save $1 off my BoHo Lily Spiral Vest purchase on Ravelry!
After clicking 'buy now' click the 'use coupon code' in the lower left and just enter the code 'HappyBirthday' and save!

Then come back here after you make yours and show me I would love to see it!

Saturday, June 18, 2016

Finished (mostly) in time for

so I finished the smaller version of my BoHo Lily Spiral Vest in time for my birthday!!

 I used all 3 of the tips in the pattern to reduce the size, smaller hook, smaller yarn, alternate edge row.  This shot is of it un blocked which is why there is a little sagging in the middle.  I litteraly just got it off my hook and had to get a photo of it so if you spot the tail ignore it!!

I am hoping I can get it blocked tonight so I can start wearing it all the time.  It took up about 1250 yards of yarn so only slightly less then the pattern calls for.   Compared to the original pattern when drapes down to my heels, this one stop just below my booty so while it is about 1/2 the size it is still about the same amount of material and work, because as we all know the smaller the hook the more difficult the work.