Monday, January 20, 2014

Warm Up America at Michaels craft store

I was out at Michaels craft store today to pick up some yarn because they're having a 50 percent off sale yes ladies 50 percent of yarn at Michaels so go get some. When I saw some ladies playing with the sasha yarn that makes this really cute spiral scarf I stopped to talk to them for a while about how I crochet that style yarn.
It was mentioned that their crochet and knitting classes are doing Warm Up America where they're making seven by seven inch squares in any fashion you want you can do granny you can do single crochet back and forth,  or even go fancy and you were really intricate 7 inch square and they're going to stitch them all together to make blankets and this Saturday to send off to Warm up America so if you want to join them you can either bring in a couple of 7 inch squares to drop off or bring in squares and some yarn and work with them I highly encourage you to help them out. This is the Michaels on Manchester in St Louis. I will be planning to drop off a couple of Granny Squaress and maybe some more intricate square Saturday if I have time I might sit and crochet with them as well helping them get all the square sewn together to make blankets.
As soon as I get to a computer or laptop I will update with pictures of their pamplet and an exact address. 

UPDATE 
11945 Manchester Rd
Des Peres, MO 63131-4502

3 comments:

  1. Hi Sara, I met you at Michael's that day with my daughter. We'll be there on Saturday, she has made several squares.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! Thanks for stopping by the blog. I hope to see you Saturday, so long as the tickle in my throat doesnt turn into a cold.

      Was she able to get the spiral scarf's started? I would love to see it!

      Delete
  2. Yes, she made it for her friend, turned out really nice.

    ReplyDelete