Sunday, September 21, 2014

Trying out something new....

So I am doing some more tunisian crochet.  This time I am also working on a tapestry like stitching, while carrying the none working strand.

This will be a christmas present for one of the guys I game with on Sundays.  It will be turned into a dice bag as soon as I finish up the back piece.  You can see at the bottom of the pic where I picked up the bottom stitchs to start the back.

I think when I did my color changes I tightened it up way to much as the section where I start color changing the piece gets narrower even tough I keep my stitch count even. After the last row with color changes it started to  flare out again so I will have to keep that in mind for the next time I do a tapestry style item.

Oh also, the front ie skull side is done in the tunisian knit stitch.  I choose to do it that way to make the 'teeth' portion look neater.  I am just doing the back in a normal tunisian stitch.  I plan on finishing it with a row of ribbing  around the top with a draw string closure.

I eyeballed this from photos of the Punisher's logo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment