Monday, July 15, 2013

Update time!

So I slacked off a bit with crochet and have not updated any new posts in a few weeks.  Sorry!!!

I have some news and a two WIP )works in progress( to show off.


First up, is the Juicy Fruits blanket pattern by Red Heart that I am working on.  You will notice the diffrence between mine and the original in the link above I am making mine smaller so it will be a perfect square, the pattern is worked in groups of 6 stitches so I just chained I believe 132 at the start instead of their recommended 152.  I also am using a J hook, and a variegated yarn that my sister gave to me with out a label.  I decied I didnt want to keep doing the color changes the way they are done in the pattern, firstly because weaving/hiding all those tails would take for ever, secondly I would rather work out a way to carry the color changes up so your not wasting 4 to 6 inches every change because in the end that's A LOT of yarn wasted.  I do think after I finish the blanket I am working on I will try this pattern again, but do it in black and gray's for myself and see if I cant find a better way to carry up the color change instead of wasting all that yarn.

Here is the project I have been working on since June, it took a bit of a back burner spot since I started the above pattern.  I think I am going to just turn it into a circle vest, there are still quite a few rounds left to finish this one, sadly my attempts to free form the spiral Phoenix like wings failed.  I really did try but I could not get wings to have that spiral affect and still line up and look like it was still part of the same project.


Here I will end with some happy/sad news.

Due to the person who placed first in the Stitch and Share not living with in the bounds of the contest regulations (sad news for her) they decided to pass the gift on to seconed place (happy dance news for meh).  They emailed me since I was their second place (insert more happy dance because they called me second place!!) and asked if I would like the prize.

Its 29 sample spools of artistic thread.  My favorite is that skein laying across the spools, its a beautiful teal colored Kreinik Silk Mori (4044) thats 100% silk and so soft.  I want to work it into a bracelet, but I want to honor the tread and not just make it into something to use it but make it into something beautiful.  My first thought was a granny square bracelet, I just need to find some squares that I think will do justice to this beautiful thread.

On a side note, why is it that when I get a project out to crochet on the cats migrate to it and lay on it?

Above our Black and White short hair american is Dayton, and below is our short hair Tortie Connie.

No comments:

Post a Comment