Friday, July 3, 2015

More fiber??

This is just one of the many reasons I like being apart of the smaller reddit sub community's.

I just got a box full of some really beautiful fibers.  The photo does not do it justice, ssince it was a gift not all the yarn is labeled so I am not sure what all of it is made of but I am sure that most is wool or a wool blend.  The bats I am most excited about, in the bottom of the photo in a bag have 11 different fibers mixed throwout; it looks like a sunset on a beach.  (menrino, bfl, faux cashmere, merino locks, tussah silk, banana fiber, firestar, organic cotton, tencel nepps, cottolin, and angelina)

Then there is the gold, copper,rusty brown, and maroon fiber that has a beautiful luster to it that cant seen seen in any of the photos I took.  It feels so wonderful, I am sure its a nylon, firestar wool blend.   
 Then there is the braid of fiber in the zippy top bag that is all glare in the photo (should have unbagged it), its a mix of tangerines and blue/teal and is made of BFL and silk 80/20.        
            
Not sure what the 3 twisted beehive ones are, they feel like a soft wool blend but have no shine to them.  Also the maroon on the top left,  its actually two bits of fiber almost the same color, one silky soft feeling with a little over a 6in staple the other is more matt and rough with a shorter staple about 4 inches.  I belive I will blend these two together when I spin, it might give it a heathered look.

I cant wait to dive into it all, but it will have to wait.  I still have the hot pink yarn I am plying up into a fingerling weight on and the spindle is about 7/8ths full so I should try and finish it off first.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment