So and this is the first blanket I ever made. Um I can't complain about the previous one I was trying to replicate, because mine somehow came out lopsided as well. But all of my color changes are secured this blanket will take a beating and last years. Not 100 percent where my shrinkage came from because as far as I can count I've only got about 12 missing clusters but it's noticeably smaller as you go up and I can no tell where they went missing.
Next blanket I make I am going to use stitch counters the whole way threw, I did them for the first 4 rows then they some how got pulled out one at a time so I gave up and pulled the others out.