Friday, August 21, 2015

LC Cup Cakes (its Birthday time!)

Its my Hubbys birthday this weekend I am am working on making him up a nice low carb cake.
This recpies I worked up is Ginger Vanila Cup Cakes.  It makes 12, each individual CC is 3.3 net carbs un-iced.

Ginger Vanilla Cup Cake Recpie

Cupcake Nutrition Facts
2 cups Almond Meal (I used Bobs Red Mill)
2 tsp Baking Powder
1 stick real butter (1/2 cup if you go imitation which I don't recommend as it will change the texture)
4 tbls cream cheese
1/3 c splenda (granular baking splenda) 
2 tsp Vanilla
2 tsp Finely Shredded Ginger 

Pre Heat oven to 350-  Cream the butter and cream cheese till smooth, add in the splenda blend till smooth.  Add in eggs one at a time incorperating fully before adding the next. Add in the vanilla and ginger, then sift the Almond meal mixed with the baking powder slowly.

I used a 1/4 cup measuring cup to fill in my cup cake pan, filling each slot 2/3 full, I had a few spoon fulls left over so I tossed them into the cups that looked less full.  Then baked for 15-20 minutes; I left mine in for the full 20 as they looked a bit wet still at 15.

While the cake is baking (I forgot to do this) you can whip up some low carb icing.

Low Carb Icing


1 cup Splenda (ground into a find powdar =1/2 cup)
1 stick butter
1/2 c cream cheese

Mix all together for a faux butter cream icing.  Refrigerate till cup cakes have cooled completely before icing.  This will add 3.1 carbs to each cupcake iced.  Making the cup cakes 6.4 net carbs.

I am off to make icing and ice some cupcakes! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment