Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Phonix Shaw

Shawl I want to make!!
I have seen a few pictures floating around facebook/pintrest of a shawl that looks like a phoenix with wings spread .  I know I want to make one.  Sadly I am positive that its knitted and I just dont have the dexterity to knit a project that big. 

So I am going to try and creat a crochet pattern that will mimic the look!!  It will have to wait till  after my birthday.  Probly till after I finish working on my Red Panda as well, I realy should finish that up before moving on to something new right?

I found a great stash of yarn at my local thrift store, it had two balls of  Lanaloft Twilight wool that is is hand spun and painted that is simply gorgeous!  A large ball of mohair that was unlabeled but I have no doubts that is is mohair (smell) its in a rich purple burgundy color I think its what I will use when I start the shawl pattern.  I love finding yarn that would normally cost me ~$70 to buy and I paid less then $10.  I also keep an eye out for items made in yarn I can re-purpose, I would love to find a grey cashmer shirt that I could unravel (its  something I look for) I would turn it into fingerless gloves that go up to my elbows in a heart beat.

So I have a huge list of things I want to make and out of that only about 20% have patterns the rest are just ideas I would need to write out as I made them up.  How do you all decide what your next project is going to be?

I go by what I have the yarn for and by what is currently inspiring me to pick up a hook.  Which it was the red panda but he is been on the hook for two weeks now and is only a head when he should have been finished by now *sigh*.

No comments:

Post a Comment