Saturday, June 18, 2016

Finished (mostly) in time for

so I finished the smaller version of my BoHo Lily Spiral Vest in time for my birthday!!

 I used all 3 of the tips in the pattern to reduce the size, smaller hook, smaller yarn, alternate edge row.  This shot is of it un blocked which is why there is a little sagging in the middle.  I litteraly just got it off my hook and had to get a photo of it so if you spot the tail ignore it!!

I am hoping I can get it blocked tonight so I can start wearing it all the time.  It took up about 1250 yards of yarn so only slightly less then the pattern calls for.   Compared to the original pattern when drapes down to my heels, this one stop just below my booty so while it is about 1/2 the size it is still about the same amount of material and work, because as we all know the smaller the hook the more difficult the work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment