Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Deep thoughts...

so as some of you might have noticed, I have not been as active latly.

I have had a few things pop up in my life that have made it hard to feel creative.  I am struggling with depression, but I am getting professional help for it.  Part of my depression has made me feel less creative, and I have not actully picked up a crochet hook and made anything in almost a month now.

Crocheting is the one thing I use to do to get my mind off things and destress.  It has been difficult, I have picked up a hook and yarn several times but only made a mess that I wound up frogging in frustration.  

Last night I was finally able to start something.  I am using a mystery yarn that is super silky and smoky gray to make a smaller version of my BoHo Lily Spiral Vest I am using a H hook this time instead of a J, and I plan on doing the alternated edging meantioned on the last page to get  16 points instead of 8.

I am hoping this one will come out 'shorter' because I am only 5'3 and the first one I made with Shawl in a Ball is just a tad to long and brushes the ground.

 I am also hoping this will reignite my spark for crochet and I will start to feel creative again.

If you are struggling with depression, feeling over whelmed and hopeless, seek out help.  Crisis Text Line  things will not magically get better, but if you work at it you can find your balance again.

No comments:

Post a Comment