Friday, May 10, 2013

Geek. Fanboy. Comedy Rock Star. (in crochet)

I want to start off by saying this crochet item is inspired by one hell of an artist.  He played for us live last week, at the convention my husbands podcast group (Fear the Boot) has run for the last six years.  This guy can rock out and make you think, 'Why haven't I heard him on the radio?' he can also slow down and do amazing vocals like the songs he released over Christmas that just blew me away.  He mainly does Rock Comedy, and you can visit his site here to listen to some MikeyMason.com

He was one of the first people ever to commision me to make a Cthulhu.  So Mikey this one is for you!  Now you will live on not only in a song and coloring book, but in crochet!  Hope you like it!

Full View
Close up




Mikey with NOT a Jayne hat
Side view
Back View





Originally I was going to make Alan Moores beard aka "Nick" from Mikey's geek hit ' Me and Alan Moore's Beard ' but my hooking skills just couldn't get it to work, and I failed at a guitar.  This left me thinking, WWMD?  So I jumped all over the idea of making him a NOT-A-Jayne hat! That looks like the hat Jayne gets in Firefly, but its not. It was inspired by his other geek hit ' She dont like Firefly '.

Let me tell you tiny pom's are a B--word to make.  I wont be uploading a pattern to go with him, as he was made as a one shot deal as a gift and I didnt exactly write down what I was doing, I just made it up as I went along.

Bonus shot of Crochet Mikey with my Crochet (not-a)Tardis dice bag!



No comments:

Post a Comment