Sunday, September 2, 2018

Updates and stuff...

So I have seen an orthopedic doctor about my shoulder finally (well a week or so ago).  He said the soft pad between my arm bone, and shoulder bone is the issue.  Its as hard as a rock, instead of being elastic like rubber bands.  I had myself a panic attack while he gave me some shots that are suppose to help, although he did say it could take some time (ie hours/days/weeks) to show improvement.  So far I do not see any difference in range of motion or pain.
I am going back to see him again in 3 weeks, and will most likely need to get more shots.  I have been told to go easy on my shoulder movement (that was after 3 weeks of physical therapy with no improvement) so I have been doing other things like drawing that dont require the use of my shoulder. 
I really miss doing crochet, so since I cant right now I am plotting out making something for when my shoulder is working again.
This is something I was requested through a friend, but every time I try to contact the requester I always get voice mail.  Despite that this is something I am really interested in making anyways.
Yes that is a badly drawn Falcor from Neverending Story drawn by me.  Its going to be my inspiration for making the crochet version.
They way I am thinking of doing this will be very different from anything else I have done.  Falcor has scales along the spine of his back, and long fur.  So I am thinking possibly sequins along the spine for scales, and brushing out some long strands of yarn to turn into 'fur' that I will have to find some way to attach, I was thinking making locks of the fur and using fabric glue to attach it to the main body.  Before even attempting it I need to do a glue swatching, gluing 'fur' to a small swatch of crochet fabric.  Then I will see what works, what doesn't work, and what looks good of what does work.   Before getting to far into the project and finding out my plan might not work well I want to make sure its feesable.   If any of you know of a good glue that works well on acrylic yarn that drys clear or semi clear and flexible please let me know.  The other idea, sequins, I am having a hard time finding ones that I think look right, they need to be iridescent and a pale pink/peach color.  I am also struggling with should I get sequins I have to sew on indevidualy, get edging strips (I have not seen any yet I think would work) of sequins, or get sequined fabric (which would leave me with extra fabric, and the price is insane). 
That being said I hope I can get back into crocheting soon.  I will be missing out on this years ResoBox Amigurumi Exhibit, and there will most likely be no crochet Christmas gifts either.

1 comment:

  1. I love Falcor. Can't wait to see how it goes. Oh.. now I want to make myself a racing snail :)

    ReplyDelete