Friday, March 16, 2018

Some creativity.....

 So at some point between  mid December and January my crochet hook case with all my hooks (except those stuck with projects) disappeared.  So I finaly broke down and got a new set, that came with a case.  I have nothing against bright pink, but I really wanted to dress up the case so I used the soot spirit vinyl I made a while back on it.  I think once I find the Totoro I cut at the same time I will add it to the other side.

I am liking this case, I was able to slide a stitch holder pin into the tag on the case, and slide my 2 stitch counters that came with the set on the pin.  I wont loose my counter, and it will be easier to keep track of where I left off in a project, or when I am making a new one how many rows I am in.

Out side of that I have been trying to crochet a new fingerless mitt design with some lace weight yarn, and have been struggling with it.  As in I have frogged and reworked it a dozen times.  I am currently working up a ribbed band hoping this time I will like it and it will turn out.

Outside of crochet, I have made a few shirts!
I am a huge Firefly fan, so this first one is inspired by a Wash quote "I am a leaf on the wind; watch how I soar".  Its the Serenity silhouette on a leaf (suppost to look like its drifting in the wind).  This is the first project I made with foil, I love the shiny'ness of it.

This second one is a gift for my niece, I let her pick out a dragon to go onto a shirt for her.  I kind of wish I had cut the dragon a bit bigger but when I was working the design in the cricut software I didnt have the shirt yet to size it and was guesstimating.  I liked how all the small details in it worked out, she wanted shiny so I used the same gold foil.

The last shirt I did, is an other Firefly inspired design.  This one comes from one of Kaylee's favorite works 'Shiny'.   To make it more then just a shirt with wording on it, I made the
tittle a tiny Serenity, and used a font as close to the font used in the show.  I also gave it a bit of a distressed look to help match the font.





No comments:

Post a Comment