Friday, May 15, 2015

H-Hippo Update April/May

I realize I never updated my progress (or procrastination) on my happypotomus.               

I have almost finished the whole of the body, I just need to put in the last 2 hex's  on the shoulders.  That is 26 motifs out of  44 finished so just over half way their!!       

I am now at the point where I know I hate the join method recommended in the pattern it leaves gaps between the DC's so I stared slst'ing into the blo instead of between the posts.  I am also of the mind that the chain starting ring method just doesn't look good as it also leaves that big gap, heck the spot in the peddles is smaller then the starting ring gap on nearly all of the motifs so I will defiantly next time do a double loop magic ring for the whole hippo-- for this one for symmetry I will stick with the chain ring.  I also think I will work the round after the peddles slightly different, with the long drop stitches, I think I would like it if I dropped all the way down to the first row instead of just around the peddle rows.


I really wish I had thought to get one ball with a bright contrasting color, like a sunset orange/pink as the colors I am useing feel like they blend to well and nothing stands out.







No comments:

Post a Comment