Thursday, August 21, 2014

Na na na Na na na Na BATMAN!


 This is a gift I have been working on for a bit over 2 weeks for my Hubby.

I took down notes but most of the time I worked on him it was late and I was tired so if there is a mistake let me know and I can fix it.

I used a D, E and F hooks to make this guy, some white felt, felting needle, black, gray, cream yarn, polyfil a darning kneedle and a sewing needle.


D hook
Head- in cream yarnMr 6
Inc 12
Inc sc 18
Sc
Sc
Sc
Dec sc 12
Dec all

Stuff and cinch shut.

E hook
Cowl-Black- all rows slst join chain
Mr 6
Inc 12
Inc sc 18
Sc
Sc
Sc
Sc 8 dc ch 2 link dc, sc all --put skin head in mask - with cinched opening into the top of the cowl
Slst 4 ch 1 turn sc 8
Sc 8 chain 8 slst into the first st of the row
Ch 1 turn sc all
Sc dec
Dec--fo

Cut a circle out of white felt, then cut it in half and use a felting needle to felt in the eyes.
  Ears- 2x
Ch 3 sl, sc, fo leave tail to weave into head, I put mine between the 3 and 4 rows.

FYI-Head will be the last part you attach to the body when you assemble.

Body
Mr6 black
Inc
Sc
Sc
Color change gray
Sc
Sc
Sc
Sc
Sc
Sc
Sc

Sew across the top to create shoulders.

Legs 2x-e hook
Black
Mr 6
Blo sc
Sc
Sc
Sc
Switch to gray
Sc for 6 rows

Arms 2X
MR 5 in black
Sc
Sc
Sc
Sc-switch to grey
Sc 6 rows


Cape F hook-- honestly I was doing this part at 3 AM half asleep and didn’t jot down notes but looking at the cape finished this is what it looks like I did.

Chain 8 slst to form ring  (All increases will be worked in HDC unless other wise stated)

R1-Ch 2 (doesn’t count as a stitch)  HDC 12  slst to join - from here out it will be worked back and forth in row's
R2-Ch2  inc in the next 10 stitchs (leaving 2 unworked this will be the front of the cape)
R3-Ch 2 Inc, hdc 2
R4-6-Ch 2 hdc all
R7- ch 2 inc, hdc 3
R8-13- hdc all
R14- End row--Chain 4 work a linked double treble (instead of doing a YO you will slip the hook into the 2nd ch and pull up a loop, then repeat in the 3rd and 4th then work stitch as normal), work a linked treble (work into the yo bars from previous st), work a link dc, hdc 2, dc, linked treble, linked dc, hdc, dc, link trb, link dc, hdc 2, dc, link trb, link double trb.

Now keep in mind it was late so I may have missed an increase row. You want the cape to be able to cover over the shoulders so you might need to do more or less increases but on the bottom the import thing is the revers scallop edge  if your stitch count is off from mine just space out the dc trb, trb, dc sections with an additional hdc between them.

I attached my arms and legs then took a lenght of black yarn (about 2 feet) and un plied it.  Using 2 of the plys I embroidered on the bat by starting with a V for the main body and working out from there.  Next I added the cape making sure it set across the shoulder, then sewed in the head in the space from the capes ch8 starting ring.
Chloe for size comparison

No comments:

Post a Comment